Forum de la Gaule Malouine Index du Forum

Forum de la Gaule Malouine
Forum dédié à la pêche en étang

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

. Protective hats for pitchers need to

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Forum de la Gaule Malouine Index du Forum -> Les Amorçes -> Les esches
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
hfy962464

MessagePosté le: Sam 1 Sep - 09:28 (2018)    Sujet du message: . Protective hats for pitchers need to Répondre en citant

MILWAUKEE -- It was a tough night at the ballpark for Ryan Braun. DJ Chark Jersey . First, the Brewers slugger accidentally knocked shortstop Jean Segura out of the game after hitting him in the head with his bat while warming up on the top steps of the dugout in the first. Braun departed himself after the eighth with a slight chest muscle strain. The injuries wiped some of the lustre off Marco Estradas strong outing in a 5-3 victory over the Chicago Cubs on Saturday that gave Milwaukee its seventh win in eight games. Manager Ron Roenicke said Segura didnt have a concussion or fractures, but needed stitches to close a gash on his face. Segura might miss a few days, while Braun labeled himself as day to day. Foremost in Brauns mind was that Segura seemed to be OK after the scary moment. "Obviously, its never something thats done intentionally," Braun said. "You know whenever youre involved in a situation like that, I think it puts life in perspective and you realize how insignificant baseball is. Thank God from everything weve heard hes OK." Estrada (2-1) threw 7 2-3 strong innings with nine strikeouts. Jeff Bianchi went 2 for 4, entering the game as a pinch hitter in the first for Segura. The Brewers had to take a few moments to regroup after seeing Segura on the floor of the dugout in pain. He had to be helped to the clubhouse. Braun was facing the field on the top steps of the dugout, where he normally stations himself for his warmup routine. Segura, who was batting second ahead of third-place hitter Braun, was coming up the steps behind him, and a TV replay showed the All-Star shortstop getting it on the right side of the head. "It bugged me all game but its one of those things you hope you can prevent. I know Braunny felt bad," Roenicke said. "Bianchi came in and did a great job for him." Bianchi drove in two runs with a bases-loaded single in the second off Travis Wood (1-3). Francisco Rodriguez tossed a 1-2-3 ninth for his 11th save. Wood had his toughest outing of the season, yielding five runs and seven hits in 5 2-3 innings. "It was a grind and a battle tonight," he said. "I didnt have my A game. I was missing balls and falling behind hitters." Estrada retired the first 10 hitters he faced -- a few on flyballs deep into the outfield -- before Luis Valbuena turned on a 2-0 fastball for a solo homer to right. The righty then retired 10 in a row again, effectively mixing a changeup and curveball with fastball in the high 80s. He maintained control until Welington Castillo hit a two-run shot in the eighth to get the Cubs within two. Estrada departed having allowed four hits and no walks. "Its the best Ive felt so far since spring training," Estrada said. "The last couple games, I just havent felt like myself. But today I did." Chicago, which lost its fourth straight, is already 10 1/2 games back in the NL Central behind division-leading Milwaukee, which has the majors best record at 18-6. "The teams rolling right now and just kind of riding the waves, going with it, and playing outstanding ball," Wood said. But the win was overshadowed somewhat by the injury to Segura, adding to whats already been a tough start of the season. Segura, who was hitting .239, also missed the last two weeks of spring training with sore right shoulder. Braun has also had somewhat of a tricky start after returning to the lineup this season following a 65-game doping suspension. Braun is hitting .318, but hes also been dealing with a lingering right hand injury that carried over from last year. NOTES: Chicago placed struggling reliever Jose Veras on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left oblique. RHP Brian Schlitter was recalled from Triple-A Iowa, and arrived in time for the game. Veras had a 15.88 ERA and blew both of his save opportunities. ... The Cubs have lost seven of eight to Milwaukee dating to last season. ... Rodriguez picked up his 315th save, three behind Rick Aguilera for 17th place on the career list. ... Chicago will try to avoid a sweep by sending Jason Hammel (3-1) to mound Sunday against Wily Peralta (3-0). Camo Jaguars Jerseys . The Missouri Tigers Defensive End and SEC Defensive player of the year is eligible for the upcoming NFL draft in May. Logan Cooke Jersey . The three Calgary natives will compete after the sport was skipped by the Vancouver Games in 2010 but later included on the program for Sochi, Russia. The fight to include womens ski jumping prior to Vancouver went to the courts only to have the Supreme Court of Canada rule against the athletes appeal in 2009. http://www.officialjaguarsnflauthenticshop.com/ . Dragic was a game-time decision because of a sore right ankle that had kept him out of Wednesdays loss at Utah, but played all but the last 10 seconds of the second half in the first 40-point game for a Phoenix player since Amare Stoudemires 44 on March 19, 2010.TSN Baseball Insider Steve Phillips answers three questions each week. This week, topics cover the Blue Jays rotation, the futures John Gibbons and Alex Anthopoulos, protecting pitchers and a bonus question on his predictions for the MLB playoffs. 1) With J.A. Happ heading to the DL, the Toronto Blue Jays have announced a starting rotation of R.A. Dickey, Drew Hutchison, Mark Buehrle, Brandon Morrow and Dustin McGowan. Should the Blue Jays feel confident with that group or even this early in the season, should they be looking outside the organization for an upgrade? Or should they have kept a prospect like Aaron Sanchez or Marcus Stroman with the big club?   The Blue Jays are starting the season with exact rotation they should be using.  Aaron Sanchez and Marcus Stroman both need more development but at some point they may be called upon to help. Certainly there are big questions for three-fifths of the starters but there is definitely upside.  RA Dickey is just a year removed from his NL Cy Young Award and is predictable and dependable.  I cant believe I am saying that about a knuckleballer but it is true.    Mark Buerhle is a more than serviceable innings-eater who gives his team a chance to win start after start.    After these two though the questions are significant. Brandon Morrow has suffered injuries in each of the past two seasons after looking like a number one starter at times in 2012. Dustin McGowan is throwing in the mid-nineties and is working on a curve ball to go with his devastating slider, but he has thrown just 46 2/3 innings since 2008 because of recurrent shoulder injuries. Drew Hutchison hasnt pitched in the Major Leagues for the past year and a half due to Tommy John surgery but prior to that he looked like he could be a long-term answer for the rotation.   Before the season begins players, front office personnel and fans close their eyes and dream about what could be.   I can close my eyes and see RA Dickey commanding his dancing knuckler that will baffle hitter.  I can envision Buerhle getting a ton of grounders and working quickly getting the powerhouse offense back in the dugout and scoring a ton of runs.  I can picture Brandon Morrow rifling his fastball by the games biggest sluggers and logging a ton of strikeouts.  I can imagine McGowan and Hutchison fulfilling the potential that they once had as well.  It could happen just that way.    But it probably wont.    My experience is that the more questions you enter with the more things that will likely go wrong.  There is a bunch of unpredictability in this rotation.  Depth will be important.  It is safe to assume that health will be an issue at some point because it has been an issue in the past.  Esmil Rogers and Todd Redmond may make starts if necessary.  But Alex Anthopolous is going to have to keep working the phones to look for upgrades.  Early in the season other clubs arent typically trading good pitchers but he will need to be ready for when they do become available.   So when you close your eyes and dream just hope it is not a nightmare.   2) Is manager John Gibbons on the hot seat with the Blue Jays? If the team is slow out of the gate again this year, will he be replaced? Are his and Alex Anthopouloss future tied together (if one goes, the other follows him out the door)?  I dont think John Gibbons is on the hot seat during the season this year.  I know there were big expectations last year but the collapse wasnt Gibbons fault.  The starting rotation just fell apart on him as Morrow and Josh Johnson got hurt and Ricky Romero imploded.  Jose Reyes injury crushed the offense early in the season and more injuries followed.   The expectations are less this year than a year ago.  It certainly behooves the Jays to get off to a good start so they can start to believe in themselves but Gibbons cant pitch for his team and the staff will be the key.    I have never been a believer that managers and general managers are tied at the hip.  The manager needs to look at the GM as his boss.  Clearly Gibbons was brought back to the Jays because of his relationship with Anthopolous but if Anthopolous thinks a change needs to be made he will have to make it.  If ownership gets to a point where they believe the roster is flawed and they decide to make a decision on the general manager it is unlikely Gibbons would survive a change in regime. Anthoplous can possibly survive the firing of Gibbons but I dont believe Gibbons would survive the firing of Anthopolous.    As it stands today both the manager and general manager are on firm ground as they should be.  They just need to be honest with themselves and their bosses about what the expectations are with the roster they have.  The owners can hope to be competitive in the tough AL East but if they expect to win it then both Anthopolous and Gibbons are in trouble.  This is a roster for which you can hope but not expect great things.    3) With Reds starter Aroldis Chapman and Rays starter Matt Moore both being hit in the head by comebackers to the mound in spring training, is it time for Major League Baseball and/or the players union to implement mandatory pitcher protection? It seems that pitchers have become more annd more vulnerable over the past few seasons. Womens Jaguars Jerseys. nbsp; Fortunately, we have avoided major catastrophe but we shouldnt be shocked if a pitcher were to be killed by a hit ball.  We have just been lucky so far.   I am a firm believer that we should never wait for someone to be killed to make a change. Baseball already did that once.  Base coaches wear helmets now because a minor league first base coach was hit in the head by a line drive and killed.  If protecting pitchers is being considered then protect them.   Lets not wait for a tragedy.   It is currently optional for pitchers to wear the new protective headgear that was developed by MLB for this year.  The feedback so far is that the hats look funny and are not overly comfortable.  MLB needs to keep refining the protective hats to make them functional. This needs to be a priority for the Players Association as well.  Protective hats for pitchers need to be made mandatory at the minor league level initially.  Let the kids get comfortable with them so by the time they are big leaguers it is commonplace.  Once the hat is advanced enough make it mandatory for major league pitchers to wear.  There is no clock in baseball but we need to put a clock on this.  Every pitch thrown puts a pitcher at risk.  Please hurry. 4) With the second and third opening days approaching for Major League Baseball it is time to make predictions.  Here is how I see the American League:AL East                       AL Central             AL West 1) Boston                    Detroit                  Oakland2) Tampa Bay*           Kansas City**     LA Angels3) Baltimore                Cleveland              Texas4) Blue Jays                 Minnesota             Seattle5) New York Yankees   Chicago               Houston * first Wild Card       ** second Wild Card AL CHAMPION: Oakland As defeat Detroit AL AWARDS AL MVP:  Miguel Cabrera, DetroitAL MVP:  Justin Verlander, DetroitAL Rookie of Year:  Yordano Ventura, Kansas CityAL Manager of Year: Ned Yost, Kansas City Here are my predictions for the NL:NL East                                      NL Central                   NL West1) Washington                         St Louis                        LA Dodgers 2) Atlanta**                               Milwaukee                    SF Giants*3) NY Mets                                 Cincinnati                     Arizona4) Philadelphia                           Pittsburgh                     Colorado5) Miami                                    Chicago                       San Diego* first Wild Card       ** second Wild Card NL CHAMPION:  Washington Nationals defeat Dodgers NL AWARDS NL MVP: Freddie Freeman, Atlanta BravesNL CY Young:  Stephen Strasburg, Washington NationalsNL Rookie of Year:  Gregory Polanco, Pittsburgh Pirates               Manager of the Year:  Mike Matheny, St Louis Cardinals    WORLD SERIES CHAMPION:  Washington Nationals defeat Oakland As LET THE GAMES BEGIN…..PLAY BALL!!!   Cheap Steelers Jerseys Cheap Patriots Jerseys Cheap Bills Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Giants Jerseys Cheap Redskins Jerseys Cheap Bears Jerseys Cheap Eagles Jerseys Cheap Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Raiders Jerseys Cheap Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Panthers Jerseys Cheap Lions Jerseys Cheap Browns Jerseys ' ' '

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Sam 1 Sep - 09:28 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Forum de la Gaule Malouine Index du Forum -> Les Amorçes -> Les esches Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation